This one is very easy – as long as you have a waffle iron at home…
On our last trip to Disney World I had my first fruit waffle from Sleepy Hollow. All I can say is delicious!!! It was so good! And it looked so easy to make I vowed to try it as soon as I got home.
So here is what you need:
- Waffle iron – this is a necessity – you can’t make waffles any other way. The ones that are round and flip are the best as they cook the waffles more evenly
- Waffle mix – you can find a scratch recipe, but the mix in a box will work just fine – follow the instructions and use the ingredients called for
- Fresh fruit of your choice – the original uses strawberries, blue berries and bananas
What to do:
- Prepare the waffle per the instructions and using the waffle iron. Be sure it is set to medium, so that it is not too soft or too crispy
- As soon as the waffle is ready, spread with a thick layer of Nutella. This needs to be done while it is hot so that it will melt into the squares of the waffle
- Add pre-cut fresh fruit
- Eat and Enjoy!