I don’t know about you, but one famous Disney snack that has people dreaming of another taste is the Dole Whip… That sweet and tangy frozen concoction does something to our taste buds and links the taste to wonderful memories at the most magical place on earth. So who wouldn’t want to experience this at home???
|Cameron & Colby enjoying Dole Whip Floats at the Polynesian|
I have searched and think I found a good homemade alternative from a website called Magical Recipes. So here we go:
- 2 20 ounce cans Dole crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.
- Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container; cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags and store bags flat in freezer.
- Freeze 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.
- Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended, in large bowl.
- Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour.
If you have enjoyed this post, please share! Also, sign up for our emails so you have every new post delivered right to your inbox!